Dead Days
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Days

An original Roleplaying Forum about a post apocalyptic world.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Toppled Tower, Rubble Roads [[PRIVATE; For Kiba-Fish and Amayah]]
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 3:13 pm by Amayah

» Auction House Rules
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:01 pm by Amayah

» Broken Hourglass
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 pm by Guest

» Frostmoth
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:27 pm by Amayah

» It's Raining Cats and Dogs.
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:09 pm by Amayah

» Übel Schlange
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:53 am by Amayah

» New Form Template
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:52 pm by Amayah

» Home Template
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:39 pm by Amayah

» Team Template
Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:32 pm by Amayah

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 282 on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:03 am
Quick Links!
Here are some important links you may need to use:
Plot
Radioactivity
Roleplaying Tips
Weapon Template
Shaman Info:
Shaman Shops:
Templates:
Administration
Meet The Administration Team:
Head Master
Hidden Potential Dph2d3

Administrators
Hidden Potential 2cwjubt

Hidden Potential 4vpca9

Moderators
Hidden Potential 1z53vxg

Hidden Potential 351y4oi

Hidden Potential 23tqc5y
Top posters
Amayah
Hidden Potential I_vote10Hidden Potential I_voti10Hidden Potential I_vote11 
Lonewolf
Chikiba
Urufu
Okomi
Nariko
Kiba-Fish
Luna
Takahiro
Neko
Mating Season: Wolves. ~
Video of the Week
March 15th
Song of the Week
March 15th
Affiliates
Hidden Potential 29008654
Hidden Potential AnimeGuyWithTiger-1
MOMIJI HIGH

Bleach Platinum Hearts
High Voltage
Hidden Potential 3WjC
Hidden Potential 21eqdn5
Poll
Votes! Please choose what you would like to see. Note: You can choose more than one.
An Event
Hidden Potential I_vote1010%Hidden Potential I_vote11
 10% [ 1 ]
New Forms/Characters/Species
Hidden Potential I_vote1030%Hidden Potential I_vote11
 30% [ 3 ]
Art Shop
Hidden Potential I_vote1020%Hidden Potential I_vote11
 20% [ 2 ]
More Quests
Hidden Potential I_vote1020%Hidden Potential I_vote11
 20% [ 2 ]
New Templates
 10% [ 1 ]
Price Changes
 10% [ 1 ]
Other [Please post in Suggestion thread for specifics]
Hidden Potential I_vote100%Hidden Potential I_vote11
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Hidden Potential

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amayah
Head Admin
Amayah

Hidden Potential Empty
PostSubject: Hidden Potential   Hidden Potential I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Hidden Potential

Nuclear Energy able to be rerouted into three factors. These three factors are innate abilities granted to the user by unlocking their hidden potential. This hidden potential can be unlocked by visiting a Firefly, Frostmoth, or Thunderbeetle. These beings usually live in every major city, and shouldn't be too hard to find. Collectively, Fireflies, Frostmoths, and Thunderbeetles are referred to in history as Druids, Shamans, Priests, Holy Men, and another wide range of terms. Specifically, each can grant a new ability.

Firefly
Fireflies are able to grant the trainee the ability to generate and control Fire, aka Pyrokinesis. This is generally the easiest ability to learn because of it's close ties with Radioactivity. These techniques are mainly to enhance offensive ability, with very few defensive or bodily enhancement capabilities.

Thunderbeetle
Electrokinesis is the mid-level skill able to be attained. This is the ability to create and control electricity from within the body. These techniques are usually for enhancing the user's body, such as increasing speed and strength or augmenting strikes with electricity.

Frostmoth
The Frostmoths have the special ability most difficult to learn. Cyrokinesis the ability to create and manipulate Ice. This is the most difficult ability to learn because Ice is on the exact opposite side of the spectrum as Radioactivity. Some claim that this ability is only a myth, simply as it's so rare. Ice is mainly used as defence, with a few offensive and very little bodily enhancing abilities.

Aftershock
Once a certain level of mastery is obtaned over the skill that one wishes, their body shuts down. They go into a coma-like state as their body refurbishes itself. As this is happening, the comatose body is covered in a caccoon of whatever element the user has mastery over. When the caccoon hatches (after the user goes through an intense level of pain) they will awaken with a strange tattoo on their back, arm, etc. This tattoo symbolizes the mastery of the element, and allows for total manipulation of that element from inside of them. Only the best Druids, Shamans, etc have them.

Restrictions and Price
Of course, you can't just learn all of these abilities for free. To even have the shop opened to you, you must find the NPC in a thread with me. After that, you will be added to the group that allows for you to see the Shaman Circle, a board of shops that allow for the purchase of these abilities. In order to buy these abilities, you must pay a price out of your radioactivity meter as well as train for it in a thread with an NPC Firefly, Frostmoth, or Thunderbeetle. Be warned... If you piss them off, they will attack you, and most likely kill them. This is a very difficult process and could EASILY result in your death.

Transformations
As you may or may not be aware, at 500 and 1000 points in your Radioactivity meter you are able to purchase a transformation. If you have Mastery over Pyrokinesis, Cyrokinesis, or Electrokinesis, these will affect your transformations and change it if you have it already, as well as warp it if you don't. Fair warning: Everyone reacts to these changes differently. There is a small chance (VERY SMALL) that you could die from undergoing one of these enhanced transformations.

Example Prices
To become a master, one must either spend 5000 points in it at once or attain 5 abilities that cost over 1000 points. Some examples of these powers and their prices include:

-Comet Punch: This is the ability to cover your hand in an intense fire and strike your opponent with it, causing massive burn damage. A double-edged sword, If used for too long or too many times in succession, it will cause third degree burns to the users hands. Lasts four posts with a cooldown of two. Costs 300 points

-Frozen Skin: A thin layer of ice covers the users body, letting them take damage for a time without it hurting them too much and actually causing the attacker physical pain if they struck with bare skin. A double-edged sword, if left on for too long or used too much in succession, it will cause frost bite. Lasts four posts with a 2 post cooldown. Costs 300 points.

-Recharge: Electricity courses through the users body, giving them an increase in speed and strength, as well as reenergizes them and allows for their adrenaline to flow highly, allowing them to ignore pain. A double-edged sword, if used too long or too many times in succession, it will leave the users muscles incredibly tense forever and may even paralyze them. Lasts four posts with a cooldown of 2. Costs 300 points.

--------
*In order to apply for gaining one of these powers, you must pm Myself and ask. In the pm you must state what faction you are applying for. Each faction has a different set of prerequisites.

Firefly - A starting post count of 100, a thread with myself to find the Shaman consisting of 10 posts, stripped of all weapons.

Thunderbeetle - A starting post count of 100, a thread with myself to find the Shaman consisting of 15 posts, stripped of all weapons.

Frostmoth - A starting post count of 100, a thread with myself to find the Shaman consisting of 20 posts, stripped of all weapons.*

-Written and created by Urufu.
Back to top Go down

Hidden Potential
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dead Days :: Information :: Plot and Rules-
Jump to: